Thursday, March 26, 2015

Bringing Home Baby #2

Bringing home a new baby is an exciting mix of scared, anxiousness, and joy. But bringing home a baby when you have a baby at home waiting for you adds a new layer to those emotions.
B didn't understand our warnings and explanations. He couldn't talk through his feelings. He was only a 1 1/2 yrs old. What can you do?
A called my Mommy.
No seriously, I invited my mom over for a few days. B missed his mommy and daddy and wasn't sure about the creature we brought home. Having her with us, gave Todd an I a few extra minutes to sleep, and B a few extra minutes with us. Not to mention Nama hugs, and mom's cooking.
We also kept B in his routine. He woke up to milk and dried cereal as he always does. (He eats breakfast a little later) took naps when he always had in his crib, and still kept his bedtime routine.
When mom left and Todd returned to work, I did my best. Toggling the two was and is still exhausting but I just remind myself I only have 2 hands. As long as they are both safe it will be OK if one is crying as you take care of the other.
I don't have a magic formula to balance it all, and I am surely still learning. With a little bit of chocolate and a whole lot of Jesus I know we will be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!