Call him crazy, or call me the lunatic that tries to cater to this, but he doesn't enjoy eating meat off the bone. What could be better than picking up a chicken leg from the grill and all of its delicious wonder?! Welp, not for him.
 |
| My "butcher" job |
So anyways this weeks shopping trip I took up an offer for a sale on split bone in chicken breasts. Yay for money saving! But I skipped the usual stop of grabbing our usual boneless chicken breasts. So this morning I mustered up the courage to figure out the art of "de-bone-ing" these little guys for all of our casserole needs. Don't think I'm delusional-I still make bone-in meat, he just deals. So with the help of YouTube, and some patience I went to work.
My slightly butchered boneless chicken breasts are safely in the freezer. And all the cutting mishaps went into this recipe for dinner:
Swiss Cheese Chicken
 |
Found this recipe at http://prepared-housewives.com/ it was soo easy,
I'm sure it will be just as delicious! |
It smells pretty delightful. Oh, and all those bones went to the freezer for later when I have the time to make chicken stock. BONUS! Maybe I'll start doing this more often!
*UPDATE: We ate this for dinner: next time Ill only used half a box of stuffing, and try serving it with egg noodles.*
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading my blog!